SSV Software Systems Register  Register
Startseite FAQ Search Mitglieder Profile  Log in 
SSV Support-Forum
IGW/100 capabilities

<<< Previous topic - Next topic >>>  
Valentino

PostPosted: 15.09.2006, 09:38    Post subject: IGW/100 capabilities Reply with quote

Hello forum...

I work for a machinery company. We are often facing a problem when asked to connect our PC-based equipment to the customer's LAN. I would like to find out a device that only expose some ip services to the Customer LAN (e.g VNC server, drive shares), insulating all other devices our machine have from the surrounding network.

I stumbled in the IGW/100 which looks to have the possibility
I would like to know if the IGW/100 can be used in this way:

a) Port 1 connected to a LAN dhcp-enabled (e.g. 10.0.0.122, 192.168.7.23, or whatsoever) or -in lack of a dhcp server- configured with a fixed IP.
b) Port 2 connected to a PC (fixed IP, e.g 192.168.15.200) with cross cable or switch in case of other devices connected.
c) Port 3 connected to a 10/100 switch (other 2-4 clients with fixed IP e.g. 192.168.15.[Wort gesperrt]), same netmask as the Port 2.

Desidered behaviour:

1. I want the PC connected to the Port 1 to be able connecting to the switch clients with its own ip address .
2. I want the PC to be able to be "seen" from the LAN and connect to the LAN with some specific services (VNC, samba shares...). (NAT?- firewall?)
3. I want the other clients connected to the port 3 through the switch to be insulated from the LAN (e.g. forward only to port 2).

Other (welcome) features:
1. Configuration of Port 1 (DHCP-fixed) done through password-protected web page.
2. Configuration of port 2 (IP address to forward/NAT to the LAN and forward to port 3.
3. If case we insert a switch before Port 2, (e.g. add another PC), NAT of all devices connected to Port 2.

If the IGW/100 is capable of that, how much software development effort is required?

Thanks in advance for any reply.

Valentino
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SSV-Forum Forum Index >>> IGW/100 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: